Summary of Position:
This person will be responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects, especially focusing on customer relationships and successful management of project teams.
- Lead project teams including Project Engineers, Project Assistants/Coordinators and other team members
- Use outstanding interpersonal, communication and customer relations skills in developing and maintaining long-term relationships with clients, architects and subcontractors
- Job planning, job set up, project close out, obtain permits, review and understand plans and specifications, assemble and issue prime contracts, subcontracts and change orders, create and update CPM schedule monthly using MS Project or Primavera Suretrak, maintain project logs (RFI’s Submittals, PCO’s) using CMiC to approve all job invoices and prepare monthly owner billings
- Run the owner/architect/contractor weekly job meetings including timely follow up and distribution of minutes
- Work with and assist the superintendent in addressing issues, problem solving, reviewing the schedule and job cost forecast
- Regularly review with the Project Executive job status, logs and job cost analysis using reports and information from CMiC
- Work on all aspects of Preconstruction and Business Development with the Preconstruction, Marketing, and Business Development teams
- Bachelor’s degree in CM, engineering or architecture with ten or more years of similar experience with a Bay Area building contractor with a track record of successful project completions and high customer satisfaction
- Experience in public school construction management preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication (both written and spoken) and leadership skills are essential
- Must be able to work both at a “detail” level and think strategically while managing customer relationships
- Solid computer skills in Excel and MS Word, including the proficient use of the following software: scheduling (MS Project or Suretrak) and project management (CMiC) is vital
- Must be willing to live/work in the Bay Area
Full-time, regular business hours, exempt.
Blach Construction offers an outstanding compensation package, including a highly competitive base salary, an initial three weeks of paid vacation (growing to four weeks after five years of service), holidays, and sick leave. Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) plan with company match, profit-sharing, long-term disability insurance, cash bonuses based upon performance, professional development and education assistance, credit union membership, athletic club subsidy, professional affiliations and many other benefits. The company practices a progressive management style that truly values and appreciates high-quality team members.
If you fit the above description and are looking for an exciting place to apply your talents, email your resume with a cover letter to Blach’s Human Resources Manager, Tierney Siler, at Tierney.email@example.com